Tuesday, April 21, 2009


RAW got Big Show too, so Smackdown is left with Taker, Edge, Jericho and...well...some headless chickens. This past week Smackdown's big matches consisted of Big Show vs Jeff, which can't happen again...and Batista vs Ted Dibiase...which was a freakin' RAW stars match as the Main Event! They didn't even use their own stars to book their own show! They don't even have Koslov anymore, who's a bit of a boring baboon, but he could still be built up as a monster. Here's the results of all the Draftiness! New to Smackdown: Knox, Cryme Time, Kane, Melina, CM Punk, Jericho, Alicia Fox, Rey Rey, Candice, Ricky Ortiz, Layla, Dolph Ziggler, Charlie Haas and John Morrison. I swear, if Morrison or Jericho aren't running that place in six months I'll eat an entire diseased alley cat. Jericho deserves two years of uninterrupted World Title domination for his 'Mania match, btw. New to ECW: Koslov, Ezekial, Zach Ryder, Natalya, DH Smith and Shane Helms. Wasn't Natalya there already? New to RAW: Triple H, Kendrick, The Bella Twins. Primo and Carlito, Jesse and Festus, Kennedy, Chavo, Hornswoggle, MVP, Matt Hardy, Maryse, Big Show and The Miz. The whole supplemental draft thing is kind of what I'm talking about when I said that they can just move people whenever. They basically said, hey let's have the whole Tag Division on RAW. Looky looky.

Cody tries his best to hold onto the sweatiest man alive.
April 20, 2009 - You know what the WWE needs? An extra freakin' hour of programming each week. Yeah, that'll do it. I just don't feel like they're given enough time to get their storylines across. I could use a whole other show to show me the history between Orton and Triple H. It's not like I have other TV that I need to be watching for...a job or something. Thank you, WWE Superstars, thank you. You filled a void in my life that I thought could only be filled with quality time with my children or feeding the homeless. (Yes, I did note later on in the column that I didn't want to put in a plug for my Foley interview at the beginning of the column, but I changed my mind. I can do that! It's allowed! So here it is… Read Fowler's Extra Special Super-Dee-Duper Exclusive Interview with Mick Foley by clicking right here!. Sorry. Carry on now.) Well, the "draft" happened. Oh, yes it did. And things are gonna "get shaken up!" Nothing will ever be the same again forever! I was kind of bummed when Miz and Morrison got split up, but other than that, the draft didn't make me emote any one way or another. The WWE can just make things happen whenever they want to. The draft is just the "guise" of a draft. It's all just employee transfers. There are no new contracts written up or drafted. Right now Triple H and John Cena are on the same show, but that can change just as easily as Cena going on Smackdown and saying "Hey I talked to Teddy Long and I'm on Smackdown now, booyaka blap blap bing boop!" People can really just go to any brand whenever the WWE wants them to. The fact that it actually needs to be explained to us through the false constraints of a "draft" is a little silly now. MVP headed to RAW means that Rey needs to go to Smackdown. US Title for IC Title. Easy peezy. Plus, Rey needs to head back there to build the Hispanic viewership back up. Woman's Champ for Diva's Champ. Peezy sleazy. Tag teams were "miraculously" kept intact, like Primo and Carlito and JTG and Shad. Raw though, ends up with Batista, Cena and Triple H and Orton, who a person could claim are the tip top stars of the entire organization right now - if that person were exceptionally dull and liked to eat dried glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment